Oh! Hello There!
Thanks for stopping by! I’m Danielle, a California girl currently living in Madrid. For the past two years I have been working as a language assistant within the Auxiliares de Conversación program, while also completing my teaching licensure in Elementary Education and ESOL. Now I’m on the road to securing a position within an International School.
In August 2011 I decided that it was time to leave LALA Land, and for the next three years I fell madly in love with Seoul, the place that flipped my world upside down and will forever be my second home. While living in Korea I worked as an English teacher at a public elementary school for the Seoul Metropolitan Office of Education within the EPIK program. This undoubtedly instilled my love for all things azn.
When I’m not performing in the classroom, writing, or applying to schools, you can often find me wandering around town, trying to cook new strange recipes, adding to my already space-consuming bottle collection, vintage shopping, eating lots of vegetables, or jetting out of town as often as my wallet will allow.
Some Other Fun Facts:
- I graduated from UCSB with a Bachelor of Arts in Communication in June 2006.
- I’m a tap dancer who would love to get my tuchous to a class sometime soon.
- I love drawing portraits.
- I used to work for Jennifer Lopez.
- My favorite Korean food is mulnaengmyeon (icy buckwheat noodles).
- I have traveled to 30+ countries.
- I’ve competed in a 90s dance battle, a lip sync battle, and a haiku battle for charity.
- I absolutely love tomatoes.
- I am a tremendous klutz.
- I am obsessed with Larry David and if you don’t like Seinfeld we can’t be friends.
What’s A ‘Seoul Tapperilla’?
When I first cooked up the name it was Seoul Tapper, if you’ve been with me that long. The name is threefold: Seoul Tapper becomes Soul Tapper (teaching), Sole Tapper (traveling & tapping), and with my move to Spain came the addition of ‘illa’, giving you the little Seoul/Soul/Sole Tapper.
Start Poking Around With Some Of My Most Popular:
Get In Touch:
If you’ve got any questions or are in the market for a collaboration, feel free to contact me via email at firstname.lastname@example.org.